Immortal Gates
Immortal Gates
Immortal Gates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Apocalyptic Earth, the world is dark. Angels and Demons have returned to the Earth. Humans are in hiding, those who can't hide are servants for the immortals.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aimless Wayfaring

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 am

Dezerai had been walking for days on end now, stopping occasionally to rest. Her hunger was constantly growing while she separated herself from humans, and it was something she hadn't yet learned to control or deal with. She didn't mind walking all that much, though. Her main focus was to stay away from any sort of civilisation for as long as she could. No one seemed to trust her; her eyes generally being the reason for that. Though she supposed she didn't trust herself completely either when she didn't have the full extent of knowledge she could have had on her species.

Stumbling upon small groups of what she generally assumed were humans was a common feat for her while she ambled through this vast forestry. And at times, her hunger had succumb her. As a result those groups were now down a few people. She wasn't sure still what she wad supposed to consume, but at a young age she acquired the taste for flesh and blood, as vile as it sounded.

She was becoming a lot more curious about these groups, and had stopped at times to listen in to the fragmented conversations of others as they made camp for the night. Apparently a rebel group had settled somewhere in this forest, and an angel with them. Now that was cause for both concern and excitement in Dezerai's opinion. Perhaps this angel would be able to fully explain to her what she was, if it didn't try to kill her first like most other people.
Back to top Go down
Andy Black
Admin
Andy Black

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 pm

As much as he’d like to let the hunters in the Rebel camp hunt for everything, sometimes Andy liked to take off on his own and think.  Taking a bow and a quiver with a few arrows thrown in, the young male used hunting as an excuse to get away. Of course he still had his normal sword at his side, just in case, but it was easier and quieter to shoot wild life with an arrow.

Walking through the forest, he easily got distracted out of his thoughts – this always managed to happen at some point or other – and started to make a game for himself since he had yet to spot any wild animals. He’d take one large step, then three quick steps, then duck before getting up and pressing his back to a tree. Focused on this task, he almost didn’t notice the deer that was eating from a berry tree not far off.

Swiftly he hid behind a tree and peaked out at it, grabbing an arrow from his quiver. Pulling it back in the bow, he took aim but a sudden crack of a twig made them both jump. As he turned towards the sound, his fingers slipped and he let go of the arrow. “Heads up!” He yelled as the arrow shot towards whoever it was. He ran over quickly, biting his lip. “Are you alright? Did it hit you?”
Back to top Go down

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:49 pm

The soft whoosh of air above her head was the only thing that pulled Dezerai out of her own thoughts, and turning around, she spotted the arrow that had collided with the tree and lodged itself in the bark. Grasping it, she pulled the arrow out of the tree and was about to look down at it before the sound of a male's voice reached her ears. She turned again to face his direction and then realised he was the one who had shot it.

"It didn't hit me," Dezerai responded, oblivious to the fact that demons and campions all had the same distinct feature— golden eyes. That sharp honey-hued gaze of hers revealed instantly what exactly she was, whether or not this male would make the connection.
Back to top Go down
Andy Black
Admin
Andy Black

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Andy's eyes widened when she turned and he saw her eyes. He glared and her and drew his sword from his side, shoving her against the tree where the arrow had been. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" He growled. Of course he recognized those eyes, they were the eyes of a demon. He almost wished that he'd the arrow he'd released had actually hit her. But he'd give her a chance to speak. Just because she had those eyes didn't necessarily mean that she was entirely one of the beings that he'd been sent here to face.

Raising his blade to her neck, he narrowed his eyes. "You'd better answer my question before I kill you" He said, keeping her against the tree with very little effort. That was a flag to him that she wasn't a demon - not completely at least. He looked her over, taking in her appearance. She didn't look like a threat to him, but you could never be too careful these days.
Back to top Go down

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Instinctively, Dezerai gritted her teeth and hissed, golden hues blazing. She did her best to hold back the flames that danced in her veins when adrenaline began to kick in, just because he hadn't necessarily attacked her. She didn't like sharing her name however, and skipped that question. "I'm just walking— or, was," Dezerai responded with some unintentional venom to her tone. Hey, he had turned on her for no reason according to her, and in her opinion that was a bit rude.
Back to top Go down
Andy Black
Admin
Andy Black

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 9:57 pm

“Walking where?” Andy wasn’t trying to act rude, he was being defensive. He couldn’t be too careful, since he was the leader of a camp not far away. “Tell me who you are” He demanded, pressing the blade more firmly against her neck. He wasn’t about to let her get anywhere near his camp, especially if she meant to do them harm. “Those eyes aren’t just for anyone, so either you tell me what the hell you’re doing here or I decide you’re guilty and trust me, that won’t be fun for either of us”
Back to top Go down

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:59 pm

"I don't know where— Dezerai!" she replied finally while struggling to try and free herself from both the reach of his blade and his grasp. What does he mean, those eyes aren't just for anyone? Confusion tainted her thoughts as well as her expression. A fierceness had filtered into those golden eyes however, and as he added a little more pressure to the blade she began to decide that maybe holding her fury back wasn't the best idea as now, she seemed to be in some sort of danger.
Back to top Go down
Andy Black
Admin
Andy Black

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:50 am

Noticing the confusion on her face, his fierceness faltered and he pulled his blade away slightly. “You do know what colour eyes you have, don’t you?” He asked, raising a brow slightly. It’d be a surprise to him if she didn’t – those eyes were the main reason that he didn’t trust her at this point, but he did back off after she told him her name. “Fine, Dezerai” Andy said with a sigh, keeping his sword drawn just in case. “What are you doing out here by yourself? It’s dangerous you know…”
Back to top Go down

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 pm

"I'm fine," was her sharp response in regards to the apparent dangers present in the forest. Rubbing her neck a little with the palm of her hand, she stepped away from the tree. "And of course I know what colour my eyes were." This was followed by a huff, however her eyebrows were still slightly knitted together out of puzzlement. She didn't realise yet what her eye colour had to do with anything.
"You could at least return the favour and tell me your name as well."
Back to top Go down
Andy Black
Admin
Andy Black

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Andy looked her over as she spoke, icy eyes shooting her a glare for her tone. Under normal circumstances, he would have just killed her. But he felt like there was something different about her, and he should hear her out, despite the anger in her voice and golden eyes. Biting his lip as she asked his name, he was starting to understand - she didn't realize what she was. He could smell human in her blood, but the colour of her eyes said a different story. She wasn't aware of it, but she was a Cambion, the offspring of a demon and a human. But why was it that she didn't know her heritage?

"Andy", He replied finally, his eyes lifting back up to her face. "I'm the leader of a small camp in the forests" Tilting his head slightly, he put his sword away. "I'm sorry for the rough meeting... You can never be too careful these days..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aimless Wayfaring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aimless Wayfaring    Aimless Wayfaring  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aimless Wayfaring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immortal Gates :: Incanto Forest :: Rebel's Camp-
Jump to: